Wednesday, March 02, 2005

More practice...Multiple photos in a single post

This time, I am trying to figure out how to post multiple photos within one entry. I will take yesterdays meals and try to document them chronologically.

Breakfast yesterday morning (and pretty much every morning ) was scrambled eggs on toast with salsa.


well, it looks like that one worked!

After breakfast, I pulled out the dinner ingredients, destined for the crockpot. Short ribs slow-cooked with red wine, thyme, garlic etc.

Browned off the shortribs, then reduced red wine and beef stock, steeping the fresh thyme in it. Everything got poured into the crockpot, I flicked the switch and headed out the door for a little excursion to Whole Foods.
My friend Katie joined me and we decided to have lunch at Whole Foods. Just an overwhlemin array of choices. I ended up with Tofu, stir fried veggies and udon noodles. She did a goat cheese and portobello panini. This is my noodle bowl after I finished lunch. It was huge!!


Because it was Tuesday, the Arts Club was on the route, and after several Gin and Tonics, we headed home to enjoy the short ribs. I served them with a micro pasta and broccoli.


Apparently I need to work on plating when I am tipsy. That is one messy plate. And I can see a bit of meat on the counter!

This experiment seems to have gone well. Coming soon: Using Links In Posts!

3 comments:

Cate said...

Those short ribs look great - care to share the recipe?

Unknown said...

Sweetnicks, I kind of made up the recipe, but I would be happy to share my technique.
4 beef shortribs(bones and all) (about 3lbs)
salt & pepper
2 cups beef stock
1 cup red wine
bunch fresh thyme
3 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
1 shallot, peeled and halved (I woudl have used onion, but I didn't have any on hand)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon coriander seeds

- Season short ribs with salt & pepper and brown in a skillet, 2 min/side or so. Place in crockpot.
-Deglaze skillet with wine and stock. Add the bunch of fresh thyme and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Pour through a strainer into the crockpot. The meat does not need to be covered. In fact, it is best if the liquid only comes halfway up the side.
-Cook on low for about 8 hours.
I served mine with micro pasta and broccoli and I defatted the cooking liquid and drizzled a little over the short ribs on the plate.

Anonymous said...

Well, my dear, this is terrific...very impressive. Love your photos. The food looks appetizing, too.
Keep up the good work.