Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Fun with Food

Day two of dry heat cooking methods. Since things went so smoothly yesterday, Chef Soren decreed that each group should make TWO meals. As we were a little bored yesterday, I was actually looking forward to the challenge. We had to make Grilled Flat Iron Steaks with "Marchand De Vins" Butter, Pommes Allumette (basically shoestring potatoes), Veal Scallopine Picatta and Risotto Milanese (with saffron) as well as a simple red leaf lettuce salad. It was another smooth day, group members all cooperating. I got to Grill the steaks AND do the deepfrying -- all new challenges for me. I think everything turned out well, although I decided that I don't even like the taste of veal. Which makes avoiding it that much easier!
Here is what we made, steak in the foreground, veal and risotto behind.

Steak etc.. Posted by Hello

No comments: