Monday, May 16, 2005

Roasting Meats, Day One

Today was pretty exciting, we were making a full meal for the first time this year. the main focus of the class was roasting techniques with regards to meat, but we also got to make bread, mashed potatoes and a tian of eggplant and zucchini. I know I have complained a lot about my groups, and when I discovered today that I was once again working with the two ESL students and a shy guy I worked with a few weeks back, I decided to drop the faux pliant nice girl thing and just take over. I told them what to do, I wrote out lists, it was all beautifully organised and the class was so low stress today. My group made Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Bay Leaves and Peppercorns. It was so good!! Everything was good. Here are the photos:

Sean finishing the plates Posted by Hello

garlic mashed potatoes Posted by Hello

slow roasted pork Posted by Hello

Tian Posted by Hello

No comments: