Friday, July 29, 2005

The day Time Stood Still

Fridays are so very long. I am in school 8-6 and my brain tends to leave through the window around 2, just in time for purchasing. Anyway, let us start at the beginning ~ Intro to Baking. Yummy day, we made biscotti and Gipferls and Raspberry Bars (mmmmmm) and fancy rolls (again). I don't feel so confident in baking. Chef Susie is a strict marker and it kills me to get 16/20. I like her though. She has a sense of humour and makes her own jams and jellies, and doesn't mess around.
Here is our product all stacked up...

After baking, we move on over to purchasing. I was losing my mind.. the math was driving me to the point of hysterical giggles and getting snarky with my classmates. Also, I am not going to let myself have pencil crayons in class anymore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8-6 is a Godawful long day. I'd lose my mind, too. My grad classes are supposed to run from 4:30 in the afternoon until 10:30 at night--after all of us have been at our jobs since 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. After about 8:00, there's no point in talking to us any more--nothing but glazed eyes.

However, if this whole chef thing doesn't work out, you could be an artist. ;-)