Thursday, August 25, 2005

NARC Day Two ~ Still in the southwest

I hate my group...or I should say I hate one person in my group.... everything he touches turns to ...well, you know. Today's menu had so much potential. the soup turned out pretty good, Andrew made it. Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle and Sundried Tomato Relish.

The next course was partially good... I made the Pepita Crusted Trout, but unfortunately, the one who shall remain nameless decided he wanted to do the Zucchini and Jicama Chiffonade. Overcooked, underseasoned and with no colour ~ he thought it would be a good idea to peel the zucchini....

Finally to dessert. I made the mistake of letting Him do the ice cream yesterday ~ hence the pool of noxious liquid on our plates. Everyone elses Lime and Cilantro ice cream tasted wonderful. The ice cream was served with vanilla churros (I made those) and Mexican Chocolate foam, courtesy of Andrew. Oh, and I brought in the MExican Chocolate as the school "can't get it"... I am so sick of having to sub ingredients because the school is unwilling to lay out the extra time and resources to get us good ingredients.

No comments: