Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Going Home

Well, the day came where I had to say goodbye to San Francisco and my dear friend. I was still half-asleep when she left that morning, so i hope I was coherent. I got up, packed my suitcase (totally forgot to squeeze in the roasted ricotta that I picked up at Rainbow Grocery) and trundled off to the BART station. I had a few hours to kill and I opted to have breakfast at a very small stand on Market Street.

After breakfast, I got on the train for the last time and made my way to SFO. What a beautiful International Terminal. I was excited, thinking I would get to kill some more time in this great airport. Wait a minute, my flight is a domestic one, so I get stuck in some ugly terminal undergoing construction. When lunchtime came, I took my chances at the Willow Grill, ordering the Guac Burger. Worst Lunch Ever!! Greasy, lukewarm, flavourless... I could go on.

Fortunately I made out like a bandit at the Duty Free (luck was on my side at customs as well, he gave me a "warning" for being over my duty free limit) and I will not let one bad lunch ruin my enjoyment of San Francisco. I am already planning my next visit...


Previous Posts
Oakland
Day One AM
Day One PM part 1
Day One PM Part 2
Day Two AM
Day Two PM

Tagged with

4 comments:

Erika W. said...

Your vacation sounded absolutely wonderful! I'm glad you had a great time- you certainly deserve it, and it makes me think about heading there someday. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Erica! I hope you do make it there sometime

Randi said...

what did you bring back?

Unknown said...

Randi, I brought back Three bottles of wine and one bottle of Kahlua. And lots of chocolate.