Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sunday Night Challenge

Yes, I know it is Wednesday, but I thought late is better than never! So my turn, Rob picked a can of corn as my mystery ingredient. I was expecting to be in severe pain, so I originally conceived of a smooth corn, potato and bacon chowder. However, I was able to chew, had very little time due to excessive truffle making and was tired. I settled on Crockpot Barbecue Pork Shoulder, Homemade Creamed Corn and mashed potatoes. No recipes, they were all off the top of my head. Very homey, simple food.
I would have liked teh creamed corn to be a little creamier, but otherwise I was pleased.

3 comments:

Deetsa said...

I'm sure all the food was just lovely. All your food LOOKS lovely. I'm sure it tastes even better!

Were you at all influenced in the chowder idea by my post from before? My ego won't stop pestering me until I ask LOL.

Unknown said...

Nerissa, I WAS inspired by your chowder post, and I still intend to try it some time ~ maybe for a weekend lunch. I love corn chowder.

Deetsa said...

Mmm... good for a warm lunch on a cold and damp Wet Coast day. :)