Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Aurora Bistro


Since Rob and I went all nasty for our Tuesday dinner and ate out at Sammy J Peppers, I thought this would be a perfect time to slip my brunch review in.
I met up with a friend on Sunday at Aurora Bistro. The place was pretty busy, so we waited at the bar, her with a cappucino and myself with a beautiful cranberry grapefruit mimosa. The wait was a relatively painless twenty minutes (amazing what good company and a little booze will do for a girl!) before we were ushered to the tiny corner window booth. I already knew what I was having, as we were coming here on the strength of a friend's taster of the duck bacon. Rachel's decision was also pretty simple; being vegetarian, the options weren't exactly limitless!
My poached eggs with hollandaise, potato rosti, duck bacon and corn relish arrived and I dove in, swooning as I cut into the eggs to reveal the perfectly poached runny yolks (yes, I know the language is getting a little cheesy, but it was soooooooooo good!), The potato was crispy, the corn relish barely noticeable and the duck bacon was so flavourful. Well worth every cent of the 11$ I spent on it.
Next time I am feeling flush, I would like to try their dinner menu!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I really miss Vancouver!!