Saturday, March 04, 2006

Creamy Chicken Chowder


Remember the chicken dish from Friday night? Well the liquid I saved from that turned out to be thick, rich, and full of flavour as well as being free from fat! It became the base for my deceptively decadent Saturday Lunch Soup

Creamy Chicken Chowder

2 cups flavourful broth (preferably leftovers from Crispy Chicken)
2 stalks celery
1 cup cooked brown rice (yay, leftovers!)
2 cups cooked chicken (more leftovers)
1/4 cup white wine
salt & pepper to taste
water as needed
fresh basil (optional)

Simmer the broth and celery until celery is tender. Add cooked brown rice and simmer until heated through. Puree and strain soup. Add white wine and as much water as is needed to reach desired consistency. Stir in cooked chicken and heat through, season to taste.
Serve.

5 comments:

Cate said...

I'm going to have to make the chicken just so I can make this ... what a great way to use up leftovers!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope you do try/like it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE making another dish from leftovers. That looks delicious. And congratulations on your blog being a robust one year old!

Farmgirl Susan said...

Well I certainly wish I'd had that for lunch today. YUM! : )

kickpleat said...

wow, this looks amazing! i don't think cornelius would complain much using brown rice here!