Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tempeh Club Sandwhich

I had half a block of tempeh left in the fridge and I was inspired to make a "club" sandwich with it. I seared the tempeh (I accidentally bought "indonesian" flavour, so it was spiced already) and put it on a sandwhich made with sprouted grain bread, vegan mayo, lettuce, tomato and avacado. Yum! I am so full now and it was a great (and slightly healthy) way to get rid of that excess tempeh.

Serve with a herb salad and a tall glass of sparkling water and you have a great restaurant style lunch on your hands.

4 comments:

Deetsa said...

Looks scrumptious. What exactly does "indonesian flavour" tempeh taste like? Curry?

kickpleat said...

wow, i want that right now for my breakfast! yum.

Unknown said...

nerissa, "indonesian flavour" just seems to have a little extra spicy kick to it ~ not necessarily curry.

kickpleat, thanks;D Isn't that the danger of reading food blogs before breakfast? Happens to me a lot.

StaceyBelle said...

Oh lovely, tempeh is so delicious! This sandwich looks great.