Thursday, May 11, 2006

Feeling Crappy

In a bit of a change, yesterday was a physically difficult day. My stomach decided to rebel and I spent the day at work in so much pain I couldn't even eat lunch. Feeling all miserable and sorry for myself, I stopped on the way home at Barbara Jo's and had a cup of tea (very good tea, they sell it there) then came home and moped around a bit. Rob indulged me for supper with one of my favourite stomach easing meals.


After a nice runny egg on toast supper and lots of water, I felt tons better and by 9 pm I was ravenous again! Someone should research the healing power of runny eggs.

6 comments:

Deetsa said...

Runny eggs are the best! Especially on toast. No... only on on toast. My fiance cannot understand why I feel I must have a nice bit of toast with my poached egg on top. Is there anything better than toasted wheatey taste mixed with thick rich yolk?

wheresmymind said...

I can't think of another way to eat a runny egg than either on or next to some toast!

Dawna said...

Eggs on toast = classic! I hope you're feeling better (both ways). Emotional exhaustion can easily become physically overwhelming, too.

kickpleat said...

i can't eat runny eggs anymore! when i was a kid, i couldn't get enough of it. i wonder why the change now...only over-hard for me.

Cat said...

are those poached? i would love to learn how to poach eggs, i love over easy with the yolk nice and runny. Glad to hear you're feeling better too :)

Denise said...

Just wanted to say thanks. You posted a comment to me and came at the right time. :)

Perhaps someday our paths will cross. Martini's on me!