Friday, June 16, 2006

Duck Confit with Strawberry Pinot Sauce

I didn't blog wednesdays supper because it was, well, salmon. You all know that I know how to cook salmon, you have seen a million pictures of it on my blog, so I didn't think anyone would really care to see it again, even served with a chili lemon aioli...

Thursday night, I had a small work gathering, but I left after only 3 doubles (work night, I don't like to go overboard). I was feeling it as I sliced up the potatoes, but I managed to finish the meal in one piece.

We purchased some confited duck legs from Oyama Sausage on Granville Island and I seared them on the skin side, then popped them in the oven to heat through. I also sliced up Yukon Gold potatoes and panfried them till golden brown. The sauce was from some Pinot Strawberries my good friend Rachel gave me. I reduced them slightly and added a touch of balsamic for acidity to balance the richness of the duck. A simple salad and the meal was complete.

3 comments:

wheresmymind said...

Oh MAN...that looks too good. Hey...we always love your salmon pix!

Lisa said...

Beautiful photo, and the dinner sounds delicious. Clever thing, the strawberry-balsamic sauce. Mmm.

I was in Vancouver once years ago and took a ferry over to where the Granville Market is as I remember. It was so gorgeous -- I was especially impressed with salmon prepared as what was named "Indian candy." Smoky and sweet...

Denise said...

Ok this dish made my mouth water and I just got done eating dinner.

Presentation is very nice.