Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pasta Salad I

I love pasta salad, so I named this Pasta Salad 1; I figure a lot more of these will be coming through the summer.


Pasta Salad I

200g gemelli, uncooked
1 cup blanched green beans, one inch pieces
1 bell pepper, julienne
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 cup sliced green olives
1/4 red onion, julienne
1 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
200g feta cheese, cubed
salt&pepper

Cook pasta in lots of boiling salted water. Take it a little farther than you would for a hot pasta dish. Drain, rinse with cold water to destarch. This can be done ahead of time.
Chop artichoke hearts and combine all ingredients together. Season to taste.

We ate it with fried free range chicken legs and thighs and cold coronas on the patio.

1 comment:

kickpleat said...

wow, sounds like a perfect summer supper.