Monday, July 03, 2006

Sunny Days

Despite the fact that I worked Sat/Sun, we celebrated Canada day in style; a BBQ Saturday, a BBQ Sunday and the most amazing beach walk and picnic today.

This is the view from the far end of Spanish Banks beach; we parked at the near end and walked as far as we could before stopping for lunch and a paddle in the cold ocean water. I must admit to napping for two hours when we got home ~ sun, fresh air and food make me sleepy!
After my refreshing nap, I was craving something cold and salty-sweet....watermelon, olive oil, fresh mint and salt and pepper.

We sat on our patio, sipped some viogner and just relished the lazy summer afternoon. For dinner, I made prawn wraps with coconut rice and mango salsa.

1 comment:

kickpleat said...

haha, that is so funny because we had a picnic & bbq on sunday night at the far end of spanish banks! i wonder if we passed each other by. as for the watermelon, that sounds interesting. i've only recently begun to like watermelon (tho doused in lime juice because i like things tart), but i think i can get behind your salad!