Thursday, August 03, 2006

Celebration of Light

Every year, the city of Vancouver is lit up with fireworks from the Celebration of Light (formerly known as the Symphony of fire).
Last year, we managed to organise a picnic for some fireworks viewing and I really wanted to do it again this year.

9 of us gathered on the shores of English Bay to share amazing food, drink and relaxation. Highlights included Spice Cupboard Chicken Legs and Wings, Blueberry Grape Chutney and a deadly Lemon-Raspberry trifle. (Recipes are requested).

5 comments:

wheresmymind said...

Ohhh...that looks like a fun time! Btw...it's been insane around the house (finishing a group project for my MBA class) so I'll drop you a note soon about the pix :)

Sara said...

Beautiful picture. We tried to take some pictures of fireworks on Canada Day...not one tenth as nice as yours.

Anonymous said...

My trifle is in N. Lawson's 'Domestic Goddess' cookbook. ;)

Unknown said...

Jeff, no problem
Sara, I borrowed that picture from the HSBC website.
Juline, I don't have that book....

Deetsa said...

What the heck are you trying to do to me? It's bad enough all this French food is going to my thighs. Now just reading your trifle recipe adds on more weight and blew a fuse in my brain LOL