Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recipe Interlude

Didn't really cook yesterday because we went to the PNE and ate tons of junkfood for lunch. Dinner was a salad.

So, I thought I would share the recipe I made for the priests opn Sunday. It is one of my all-time favourite meals, the one I request when I feel like crying. Feel free to experiment with the flavour elements; we do.

Lamb Stew

4 lamb shoulder chop
butter
1 onion -- chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups lamb stock
1 sprig rosemary
6 sprigs thyme
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Preheat oven to 300F
Brown chops in butter and olive oil. Transfer to casserole dish.

In the same pan, saute onion and garlic till soft. Add flour and butter. Cook on low 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add white wine and stock. Bring to a boil and add rosemary, thyme and tomato paste. Simmer 3-5 minutes. Pour over chops. Cover and bake 2.5 hours. Or until tender.

2 comments:

wheresmymind said...

That sounds so damn good.....I wanna try and make this now!

Lisa said...

I love love love lamb. This sounds great!