Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life

This is embarrassing! How long has it been since I posted??
Well, I have been busy ~ I took Level 2 First Aid, I .... okay, fine, I haven't been busy, I have been lazy.
A mere 8 days from now, I will be taking off for my holiday in England and 17 days from now, I will be turning 30. I will admit to some trepidation as I eye 30 ~ realizing that I am not invincible, I will not remain forever young is a little bit of a reality check. I never really thought about the future before, but it seems to be all that is on my mind these days.
I am very much looking forward to this holiday. For the first time since 2001, Rob and I will be enjoying more than a long weekend together (16 days) AND I will be returning to the UK for the first time in 4 years ( I think, it may have been 5). Rob and I are hiring a narrowboat from Black Prince for 14 days and cruising the Avon Ring. I will get to meet up with my friends Louise and Lorna and hopefully eat some good food, drink, shop for old stuff etc.
I am very grateful that several of my friends and family will be staying with Aggie the cat while we are away, making the trip even more stress free.

3 comments:

Deetsa said...

Hope you have a lovely time in Jolly Old E and have a great birthday. Don't eye 30 so badly. Up until the day before my 31st, I fooled myself by saying "Well, I JUST turned 30". ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Nerissa! I am sure I will get over it soon (I hope so)

Mindy said...

Oh, that looks heavenly.

Hey, at least you aren't nearing mid-30's like I am in a few weeks. At least I can still pass for 27 or 28, though, which makes me feel much, much better. Thirties are so much better than twenties, I promise.

Can't wait to see Aggie. Next trip I'll watch her the whole time with advance notice. ;P